Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 November 2011

We'll zoom our way to Mars, My heart would be a fireball, A fireball, If you would be my Venus of the stars.

Space. The Final Frontier.

These are the voyages of... well, me.

Needless to say, I never made it to the final frontier of stars and galaxies. The farthest I have ever travelled is to the area of Florida that I have already discussed.

I loved every minute of my trip to Florida and the trips to the Astronauts Hall of Fame and The Kennedy Space Centre. I admit it, I was like a 'kid in a candy store'. Every object, every item, every moment was wonderful. I felt excitement and when I left I felt sadness. I still have the photos and the mementos and the memories.

Will I ever get back to 'the gateway to the stars'?

I don't know.

Would I like to go back?

Oh yes.

If I do ever get the chance to visit any other space facility I will be sure to let you know.


Until then my imagination will take me to the surface of our moon to endure the magnificent desolation. I will walk along the edge of the canyons of Mars and survive the sandstorms to live another day, and I will watch from orbit the Europa, the sixth closest moon of Jupiter, but not descend. Why will I not descend? To quote Arthur C Clarke's 2010: Odyssey Two...

"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE."  

I wouldn't want to upset the creators of the Monolith now, would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment